Monday, February 20, 2012

Lurkers, Identify Yourself!

According to Wikipedia, a lurker is "a person who reads discussions on a message board, newsgroup, chatroom, file sharing, social networking site, listening to people on Skype or Ventrilo or other interactive system, but rarely or never participates actively.  Did you know that lurkers make up about 90% of all online groups?  Wikipedia also cites "lack of trust" as the reason why more people don't participate in these groups. 


This makes me sad.

In the roughly 6 weeks since the start of our blog, it has been viewed almost 500 times!  I've only had about 10 comments, and I only have 5 followers.  Weird.  Because, unless those same 5 people are reading my blog over and over and over....that means....that other people MUST be reading it! 


So come out!  Identify yourself!  Your comments and questions about life and adoption are welcome!  Leave a message on my FB page (since I think that's how most of you are finding the blog)!  Let me know who you are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment