Friday, February 17, 2012

Soy Ashley

This is Ashley.  She's amazing.  (And stunning, dontcha think?) 
She's the very first vegetarian that I ever met. 
I've known her a long time.  And seen her once. 
Weird, huh?

This is Ashley and her fiance, John. 
Can you tell that this is the day they got engaged?


Ashley supports adoption. 
She was the first person to donate to our adoption using the PayPal link on our blog.
Ashley has been one of my biggest cheerleaders in the journey towards our "brown babies." 

A little introduction to Ashley...from Ashley:

My name is Ashley Schulze, and I am in my third year at the University of Washington School of Medicine in Seattle. (Did you catch that?  She's on her way to being a DOCTOR!)  I speak Spanish and hope to put it to good use by working with Latino patient populations, probably in family medicine, once I graduate. (I told you she was amazing...what an awesome, giving heart!)  I am engaged to be married in August 2012. I love dancing. And I have a pet fish named Mika.

Tell us, Ashley, where do you currently live?:
Seattle, Washington, althought I'm currently in Othello, Washington on my family medicine rotation for 6 weeks.



Any particular reason that you just gave a donation instead of purchasing Loaves of Love bread?:

I actually didn’t get any bread, because I’m gluten free.  I think bread is wonderful. I miss eating it, so I’m living vicariously through those who are able to enjoy bread in celebration of Lacey and Adam’s desire to adopt.  If I had bought some, I could have given it to my fiancé, but I wanted to save the Millers the postage money that they would have spent mailing it all the way to Seattle. I just donated to the worthy cause!

Why do you support adoption?:

Why NOT support adoption? There are more precious children in this world than there are parents to take care of them, so more power to those noble souls who choose to open their homes to needy kids. Adoptive parents provide safe, happy homes to children that are equally deserving and who have the potential to grow into adults who will have untold impacts on the future. By adopting, parents can ensure that these kids are given the chance to fulfill their greatest potential and, in doing so, make the world a better place. (Amen, sistah.)
How did we meet, Ashley?:
I met Lacey through one of HOBY Leadership's  summer trips to Israel and Jordan in 2000.  We have been faithful pen pals ever since! 
What kind of parents do you think Adam and I will be?:
Lacey is a marvelous person, and I know she will make a phenomenal role model and parent. I deeply respect her morals and values and especially the fact that she always stands up for what is right. She is a hard worker, a dear friend, and is so considerate of others. I haven’t met Adam yet, but by Lacey’s standards, he must be one awesome guy, and I can’t wait to meet him. Together, the Millers will raise some outstanding children!
(Boy, this girl is good for the self-esteem!)
Ashley, thank you so much for your financial and emotional support of our adoption of our brown babies.  I am blessed and honored to call you "friend."  You inspire me to be a better person.


No comments:

Post a Comment