Monday, February 27, 2012

Music Monday: Use Somebody

There are some songs that generate that warm sappy feeling in you.  This is not one of them.


I love this song.  I really do.  But...

You know, music is the soundtrack of our lives.  And the particular day that this played in the background of my life was one of the hardest days of my life.  Our life. 

Three years ago...the day after my birthday.  Adam had been gone for 3 months.  Basic training (grumble, grumble, stinkin' Army--more on that later). 

We had just spent the most amazing (and fast!) 36 hours together.  Happy birthday to me!  And then I had to leave...

Dropping him off and driving away.  Which feels so wrong and against everything my heart wanted.

Crying Bawling my guts out the whole way back to the hotel room.  Alone.

You know I could use somebody, somebody like you





No comments:

Post a Comment