Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Maid of Honor

This is my best friend, Jessica.  (Have you noticed that all of my friends are super smokin' hot?)


She was my Maid of Honor in our wedding.  It's a good friend who will walk you down the aisle (and hold your hand the whole way because you are so nervous and your legs are shaking so much that you can't walk without someone physically holding you up.)



And I was the Matron of Honor in her wedding.  I bawled through her wedding.  I think now's probably as good a time as any for everyone to get really comfortable with the fact that I'm a huge cry baby.

 Jessica was kind enough to try a Loaf of Love.

So, Jessica, introduce yourself...tell us some things about yourself...

I am a social worker, like Lacey, and met Lacey in school.  Lacey and I got married this past year, a month apart, and were each other’s maid of honors. My husband and I don’t have any kids, although our dog Holly thinks she is one (and truth is, she kinda is!).
We do plan on having kids someday and are also considering adoption, although we would be considering local adoption primarily (and then maybe from Latin America, as I have a passion for there). I love arts and crafts and am pretty good at it- when I decide to do it. I really like jewelry making and even made all of my bridesmaids’ jewelry, along with my brooch bouquet- yes it is as awesome as it sounds! Hopefully, you will be seeing some examples of my jewelry making skills on Etsy this year to help raise money for the Miller adoptions!! Oh, and if you can’t tell from the post, I like pictures!






 Where do you live?

We live in Broadripple in Indianapolis, IN. Fun fact: people always ask where I am from and I say Indiana as I have lived in 9 different towns in the state!!

What kind of bread did you get?
We received Chocolate Oreo Bread.
Your thoughts about the bread?
IT WAS AMAZINGLY YUMMY!! There were Oreo chunks throughout and chocolate swirls…seriously, you should try this! Surprisingly, it was not as sweet as I thought it would be, but again you could make me bread made completely out of chocolate and it probably would be just right!!
Who did you share it with?
Honestly, my husband got a bite, and I devoured the rest of it myself…it lasted 2 days!
Why do you support adoption?
Children, unfortunately, are often on the receiving end of bad decisions and bad outcomes. I work with children everyday who have been  abandoned and abused and it always breaks my heart to know that they have not experienced the joy and love that being part of a family can bring. I believe that adoption provides children with a family, which really is something a lot of us take for granted. Seriously, even if you didn’t have the “best family”, it truly makes a difference to have experienced the love, bond, and safeness that a family provides!
How do you know us?
I met Lacey when we were co-officers on the School of Social Work Student Association. I then met Adam after him and Lacey had been dating for a little bit as Lacey lived in Lafayette at the time. Over the past 7 years, I’ve had the pleasure of getting to know them both even better and am thrilled to call them both friends.
What kind of parents do you think we’ll be?
Fun and quirky. Lacey is probably going to hate me for saying that, but at the same time if you know Lacey and Adam you would probably agree that these adjectives describe them. Now, I don’t mean fun and quirky in the way you might describe a bad date. I mean that Lacey and Adam truly are happy and fun people to be around.  They know how to enjoy life, on a daily basis, and I think they will do this for their children as well. Now quirky…Lacey would be the first one to tell you that her and I are well, different…lol, not only from each other, but just in general. For example, where Lacey is quiet, I am loud (ok, maybe super loud), where Lacey is more reserved, I am very outgoing. There are other things too, like eating lots and lots of veggies (they are my least fave food group) and getting her PhD (I took a vow never to go back after my MSW!).

However, all fun aside, Lacey and Adam will be loving and consistent parents. If you have ever been around Lacey and Adam and their cats, you will know they are loving cat parents. If you have ever just been around Lacey and Adam as a couple, you know they are a loving couple AND if you have the joy of being their friend, you also know they are truly loving friends. There is no doubt in my mind this love will also spill over to their children, and in fact, I would go as far as to say they already love their children and they haven’t even met them yet!
 Uhmm....wow.  So, seriously.  We have the best friends.  (And I'm crying again.)

 


















No comments:

Post a Comment