Monday, March 12, 2012

Music Monday: The Valley Song


 
    When death, like a gypsy, comes to steal what I love
I will still look to the heavens, I will still seek your face
But I fear You aren't listening, because there are no words
Just the stillness and the hunger for a faith that assures.

This week, death, like a gypsy, came to steal what I love.

And it's so easy to get wrapped up into the idea that God can't hear us or that God just isn't listening because I can't even come up with the words to prayWhere to even begin? 

I am so grateful that God can see the contents of our hearts.  And read the words written in tears on our faces. 


But, through all this, I'm able to say, "Okay, God, what's the purpose in this?  I know you're here.  Where?" 

I can't see You, but I trust that you are there in all of this. 

While we wait for rescue with our eyes tightly shut
face to the ground, using our hands to cover the fatal cut
though the pain is an ocean, tossing us around, around, around
You have calmed greater waters
And higher mountains have come down.

I will sing of your mercies that lead me through valleys of sorrow to rivers of joy. 

Yeah.







No comments:

Post a Comment