Sunday, April 22, 2012

Loaves of Love Update

One of the reasons that I was so bummed out by not getting into the PhD program at IU was because it offered a monthly stipend.  And that stipend would have, very easily, covered the cost of our adoption.  Completely.


Because, really, I don't like asking people for things.  I don't like asking for prayer, help, money, or support.  It's so hard for me.

It's hard to put it out there and say, "Hey, guess what?  This is what God wants us to do, but we need your help to do it."  Whew.  Those words are so hard for me.

(Maybe I should have just named this blog So Hard, huh?)


I remember, when Adam and I first made the decision to adopt, Adam said, "How are we going to pay for it?"  And I said, "I don't know.  But if God called us to do it, He will make a way." 

But God is faithful. And so are people.

This week we had three Loaves of Love orders!  THREE! 

And one coffee order through Just Love. 

I need for people to know how much we appreciate the support. 

For our wedding, we asked people to consider supporting our adoption, rather than purchasing a gift.  The results were amazing.  We got a check from Adam's great uncle and, in the subject line, he wrote, "Miller Family Growth Fund." 

I sat in my car and cried.  For about twenty minutes.

For my shower, our friends Brian and Rachel gave us a cookie jar with money in it.  On the front, there was a little chalkboard.  They drew a picture of a bottle and a rattle and wrote, "Baby Fund." 

And I cried some more. 

I cry every single time someone joins our adoption journey. 

By reading our blog, commenting, sharing it with friends, buying bread or coffee, donating money, praying for us, you are joining in our journey.  And we are so grateful.

We've had some questions about Loaves of Love.  I'll try to answer some of them.

Do I have to have it shipped to me?

No, absolutely not.  If you are in Indianapolis, I am more than happy to pick up the bread and deliver it to you.  If you live in the Greater Metropolitan Area of Fulton, you can probably pick up your bread from Dave Sommers.  If you are outside of those areas, shipping is probably a good idea.

How do I pay?

When you fill out an order form, it comes directly to my e-mail.  I will then e-mail you (or call you, if you don't provide an e-mail address) to confirm the order.  Once the order is confirmed, you can either pay via check, cash, or PayPal.  I will provide you an address for where to send cash or a check.

How long does it take?

Man, I will tell you, the Loaves of Love crew are AWESOMELY FAST.  If they are shipping it, you will get your bread faster.  If we have to arrange pick up or delivery, it's kind of at the mercy of everyone's schedules. 

I will submit non-shipped orders to Loaves of Love twice a month (probably the 1st and 15th of each month).  You will most likely get your bread within a week. 

How much profit goes directly to you?

We make $3 per small loaf and $5 per large loaf.  All shipping costs go to ship the bread! 


I keep seeing these people who have sampled bread on your blog.  How can I do that?

Just let me know!  We still have some bread left to sample (it's in the freezer!). 

How long do we have to buy bread?

Until Dave either tells us that we can't do it anymore or we bring our babies home.  We'll let you know.









No comments:

Post a Comment