Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Music Monday (on a Tuesday): Billie Jean

As you may know, today is the day that I turn 28 + 1.  I'm not quite ready to even think about next year, when I'm 28 + 2.  Not.  ready. 

But, alas, on this day, 28 + 1 years ago, at 3:18PM, on an Easter Sunday, I was born. 

Some other notables about April 3...

  • It is generally the day that scholars agree Jesus Christ was crucified.  I did not know that until today.
  • Jesse James was killed by Robert Ford
  • Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., delivered his "I Have Been to the Mountaintop" speech
  • The Unabomber was arrested
Hmm...not a lot of "feel good" news on this day in history.

But....
  • Doris Day and Marlon Brando were born (both in 1924)
  • Wayne Newton and Tony Orlando were both born (not in the same year)
  • David Hyde-Pierce, Picabo Street, and Jennie Garth were all born
It's a good day to have a birthday.

And, again, on this day, 28 + 1 years ago, this was the #1 song in our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment