Monday, April 9, 2012

Music Monday: Which Way Your Heart Will Go

We are a Plan B kind of family.

Most of you know that we are planners.  We talk about everything TO DEATH before it actually happens. 


And then it changes.  And so do we.  And so does the plan. 

And, you know what?  It's awesome.  It's not always awesome from the beginning.  But it's awesome eventually. 

And Plan B is far better than anything we could have ever imagined with Plan A.

I think of all the things that haven't gone as planned in my life.  Some big.  Some small. 

All terrifying when they happened.  Loss.  Disappointment.  Tears.

As I'm waiting to hear back from Indiana University about whether or not I got into the doctoral social work program, I am reminded of one such time.  I had a plan.  Finish up my undergraduate.  Apply for the masters program.  Get in immediately.  No problems.  On the fast track.

And then it happened.  I didn't get in.  Not sure how that happened.  I had awesome grades and was the president of everything.  Hmm...

To say that I was devastated is an understatement.  I was in complete and utter shock.  HOW.  DID.  THIS.  HAPPEN?

So I regrouped.  I applied for a job.  I moved to Lafayette.  And then I met the man who is my husband.

Funny how that works, huh?

Where would I be right now?  If all my dreams had come true? 

Deep down, I know inside that I'd have never seen your face...this world would be a different place.

Darling, there's no way to know...which way your heart will go...

No comments:

Post a Comment