Friday, April 13, 2012

Fabulous M Bod



This is the former Melissa Bodnar.  She is fabulous. 

Introduce yourself!  Tell us who you are!  Enquiring minds want to know!


My name is Melissa Griffin.


I live with my husband, Chris Griffin (yes like Family Guy) and our dog Pippy who is a yorki-bichon…she is very spoiled!


I have been teaching middle school science for six years and there is never a dull moment.


One of my favorite things to do is blast some music and cook.   


I love my family and friends more than anything.


Where do you live, Melissa?


We live in Franklin, Indiana, in a house that is over 100 years old. 


Awesome.  Thanks for offering to sample a Loaf of Love!  What kind of bread did you get?


I got the banana chocolate chip bread.



Yummy!  What did you think of the bread?

First of all, let me say that I could not get out of the parking lot before ripping off a piece and trying it.  It was delicious!  I love the sugar layer that they have on top of the bread, it gives it a nice texture. As soon as I got home, I then cut a slice to eat with a glass of milk.  Very, very good and I recommend it to anyone who likes bananas and chocolate.


Who did you share it with?

I hate to admit it, but I kept it all to myself…sorry Chris, it was just too good!
Haha!  I'm sure he understands!  Why do you support adoption, Melissa?

When I was little, I actually found myself buying Cabbage Patch Dolls that were Chinese and telling my mom that I wanted to adopt when I got older.  I support adoption because I believe that every child should have a chance to grow up with a family who is loving and can give them everything that they deserve.  My husband’s dad was also adopted and I know that because of this, my husband believes very strongly in adoption, too.  He saw how his father’s life was impacted by being around a family that loved him and cared for him like he was one of their own.


Isn't that interesting, folks?  When Melissa first shared her story about being drawn to Chinese Cabbage Patch Dolls, I had to laugh.  God is funny.

As a child, I never thought about the act of adoption.  I didn't know anyone who was adopted.  We didn't talk about adoption in my house.  We didn't not talk about it--it just wasn't a topic of conversation.  So, funny that I, a little girl who didn't think or really even know about adoption, used to pretend like I was operating an orphanage.  

This is the second story (aside from my own) of someone who was drawn to adoption at a young age.  The other one is an amazing story of an adoptive momma who, at a young age, read a story about an adoption program for children with Down Syndrome.  She declared that she would adopt when she was older.  And you know what?  She did.  And her daughter (who is one of the most beautiful little cutie patooties I have EVER SEEN!) just happens to have Down Syndrome.  Hhmmm...maybe I can beg her to share her story with y'all...it's a good one!

So, what I'm saying is that I just want to clue you in to the fact that Melissa's childhood adoption dreams are probably not the end of the story for her.  Just sayin'...(wink)


Okay, sorry, tangent...so, Melissa, how do you know me and Adam?

I know Lacey because I was blessed to have her on the same floor as me my first year of college.  We became friends quickly and hung out often.  She was one that I could laugh with and know that there was always an ear to listen when I had college freshman drama.  I do not know Adam personally, but know that he has to be a wonderful person if Lacey chose to spend the rest of her life with him.  She is a smart girl!
Oh, college freshman drama...lots of hours spent talking in the hallways outside of Melissa's dorm room in our pajamas! 
Go IU!   
What kind of parents do you think we'll be?

I think Lacey will be an absolutely fabulous mom.  She knows how to have fun, but she also knows when to be serious.  She has experience working with children and is a very big support to them.  I know Lacey and Adam have thought long and prayed hard to make a decision like adoption.  They have the best of intentions and have gone through all possibilities.  I see them as making a big impact on any child that is lucky enough to be called their own.


Wow, Melissa.  You're amazing.  I am blessed and honored to be your friend.  

We so appreciate your support of our adoption and of adoption in general. 

No comments:

Post a Comment